Forbidden Beauty

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dozens or more times have I driven by this pond only glimpsing it from a far. It is tucked behind a marina. There are boats and a building blocking it from view. One day my husband was driving and I mentioned how tempted I was to get a peek of the pond. Unknowingly he encouraged me. He said so what if you took a few pictures, you wouldn't be hurting anything. I doubt you would get arrested...

I drove past my house last week when I was coming home from work. I drove right to this spot and pulled up into the marinas parking lot. Then I quietly stole to the back to view the pond. I only took a few pictures. It was quiet and deserted. I wish I had a yard large enough for a pond...Had I not been just a little leery, I would have taken more. .

I was so excited when I got home that I told my husband. I did not get the response I had anticipated. I got a fretful, agitated one. . . Are you crazy? Do you want to get yourself killed? I would never know where to look for you ...Our previous conversation had completely left his mind and new thoughts had taken over. Poor guy. He's married to a blogger.

Join our fun at Watery Wednesday and enjoy the rest of your week end! Take care and God bless!

Self Sagacity September 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM

How come your husband is always driving? Just teasing, that's a very cute story Judy. When my SO and I are together, he always drives too. :-) These scenes are gorgeous.

Judy September 15, 2010 at 12:12 PM

My husband doesn't drive, so I envy you, that yours was, and you could admire the scenery! If the pond wasn't posted, and there were lots of parking spaces, then I certainly don't see any reason for you to avoid the place! I want to see more!

Judy Sheldon-Walker September 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Very seldom do I get to drive when we are out together, maybe about 3 times in 12 years and one was because I was taking him to the hospital. My Mom and Dad were the same - man thing?

I got scolded for going to the pond alone...:-)

SquirrelQueen September 16, 2010 at 5:07 AM

Good for you Judy, stop and get those photos. The worst that could happen would be someone would ask what you were doing.

My hubby and I alternate driving and I have been known to scare him half to death by making a sudden u-turn to go back and get photos. He usually agrees that it was worth it.

ruthi September 18, 2010 at 12:05 AM

hahahaha... i could see my husband in your hubby's shoes. he would be saying the same things. yeah... too bad they are married to bloggers. hahaha

Icy BC September 18, 2010 at 8:17 AM

These are beautiful photos, Judy. It's too bad that it's hidden.

Men..they're just unappreciative creatures :-)