Feed My Sheep

Monday, September 6, 2010

We aren't the children who took their toys and went home mad.

We are bloggers. We love blogging

Part of our day and our thought processes revolves around thinking of how we can share a moving (interesting, inspiring, entertaining) picture or moment with our reader. We aren't the children who took their toys home when they got mad and refused to share with anyone any more. We are the ones who stayed to work it out and are still happily playing. So what if we have a disagreement here or there, we get over it because in the end we really care about one another. We care enough to respect one's rights to disagree.

Yesterday, our minister, Jeremy,  spoke about shepherds and what their jobs are. In his reference to the shepherds position He pointed out Jesus' own love of Israel (his sheep and how He will shepherd them). - Ezekiel 34.

I could not help but think of my mother in law who just passed. Her love for her family and  God was so strong that it tugged at my husband's heart and pulled him back in to the fold.

Read verse 16: "I will seek that which was lost, and bring again which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat (prosperous) and the strong; and I will feed them with judgment."

Immediately I thought of a couple of my favorite bloggers; ones who are truly good shepherds because they offer spiritual sustenance. On days when you may feel that your spiritual "tank" is on empty, they will fill it up - no charge!

God bless you. You truly have blessed us!

These writers will share something more valuable with you than (toys) pictures or words, they share heartfelt feelings straight from their hearts. They feed God's sheep.

photo source

Self Sagacity September 7, 2010 at 4:09 AM

How sweet Judy. The verse was very moving too, as we have lost my father in law recently. Sorry about that for your family. And you're right, mumsy, ruthi, carmen, [I dont know teresa- yet] are very good and sweet people to me too.

ruthi September 8, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Oh Judy... it's an honor to be included in your list. You are right, as a blogger, I only want to share my thoughts and feelings and it doesn't matter if not all understand or accept them. But if I will be an inspiration to others then, I believe that I am sharing my blessings to others.

I am so thankful to have found you and consider me as you friend.

Icy BC September 9, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Judy, you should be on this list! Wait a minute, you're on it, you wrote this post.

You're very inspiring to me! I fill up my spiritual tank through you..Love you!

CHAN LEE PENG September 10, 2010 at 5:22 AM

Inspiring piece, sis. :-)

Mumsy September 10, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Thanks for the mention Judy! I'm glad to have met you, though just through the screen of computer for now, but you're an inspiring soul..

SquirrelQueen September 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM

A very moving piece Judy, there are many inspiring bloggers out there. Ruthi is the only one on your list that I know but I will check out the others.

Anne Lyken-Garner September 12, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Well said, Judy. We need that inspiration from others to keep on going strong. That's why God gave us each other.
We're blessed when we find people who inspire us.

Anne Lyken-Garner September 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Also, sorry about your recent bereavement. She must be rejoicing in heaven now because her love for her son shone through even in her death - he has returned.