Thankful Thursday - Happiness

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hubby honked just as I sat down to the computer. I had worked all day and wanted to get home and go blog hopping and publish my thankful Thursday. He wanted to go out to eat at Ponderosa.  Marriage consists of compromise, and compromise is one of the steps we need to take to find happiness. When we are in constant battle to get our own way, happiness will remain just outside our reach.

These pictures were taken by me from the passenger side of his SUV. That in itself is something to be thankful for. My husband is mellowing somewhat. I was awestruck by the big red ball of sun in the sky. Of course it kept alluding me, but he did drive slowly, about 20 miles an hour in a 40 mile zone. Wow! Compare that to the man who just a few months ago  would have snapped "put that (camera) away!" He wouldn't pull over (like I would have) :-), but he made a concession, by slowing down and allowing me to take pictures while he drove. He even drove the long way home on the roads facing west. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) there were trees, homes or factories everywhere we looked, but he tried to make me happy and he did! I was very happy he made the effort!

The beauty of nature makes me happy, and surrendering my will for God's will makes me happy. I find that when I stop wrestling for what I want, I actually get more of what I want (even if it is not what I thought I wanted) and I find myself more contented. What makes you happy?

Enjoy the rest of your week and have a blessed week end! Take care.♥

CHAN LEE PENG August 26, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Lovely pics. Wow, u capture them, sis! :-)

DoanLegacy August 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I'm so happy for you, and thankful that your husband gives his effort..

SquirrelQueen August 27, 2010 at 9:16 PM

The skies are still very beautiful even with the wires and trees. It was very nice of your husband to make the effort to let you get some photos. Marriage is all give and take with lots of compromise.

My hubs has been very good about my photo habit but he new I had the habit when we first met and he saw my bag full of SLR's .

Self Sagacity August 30, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Judy, that's sweet to hear and I am so glad he is making the effort. It doesn't cost anything to be nice, or to act nice. My SO on the otherhand, keeps ponting out photo objects to me. Did I tell you? He lives through the excitements of my life. Smiles.

ruthi September 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM

oh Judy, good for you that you are spending time with hubby. I started working on weekends too with my 2nd job so we really don't have time for each other now.

Judy Sheldon-Walker September 4, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Judy, so your husband knew upfront. I kind of sprung this on myself and my husband later in life, even though I studied photo journalism in the military, because I was never able to pursue it. :-)

Amanda, enjoy it! You are blessed!

Ruthi, I hope you will find a way to make your together time more special. Hubby and I both worked two jobs for years. It was hard, so I understand. We are now getting reacquainted.