The Red Ride

Monday, August 16, 2010

Riding Red
There’s something more exciting and classy about a “red ride”. I enjoyed watching these in our parade just a short while ago.

I read something recently that made me wonder if women feel differently about their cars than guys do. It was a quote by Cynthia Heimel:

"A car is just a moving, giant handbag! You never have actually to carry groceries, or dry cleaning,or anything! You can have five pairs of shoes with you at all times!"

This is an interesting concept.

To join us in  Ruby Red Tuesday visit WorkofthePoet.blogspot and have a great and colorful week!

ilovepink1078 August 17, 2010 at 3:57 AM

nice car and great photographs.

CHAN LEE PENG August 17, 2010 at 5:46 AM

This concept was interesting, but I bet most females loves to dress themselves than having a sexy car, sis. :-)

HOOTIN' ANNI August 17, 2010 at 9:24 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Manang Kim August 17, 2010 at 12:30 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanna August 17, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I think of my car as a giant purse....that is when it's not a rolling compost bin(!)
Joanna

Kramer August 17, 2010 at 6:26 PM

"Car" girls are few and far between. Not unheard of, but excellent shot of the Mustang, either way.

ruthi August 17, 2010 at 8:32 PM

hahaha... love the quote... so true to me. I don't have only 5 pairs of shoes in my trunk at one time... I got about a dozen... half of it in leg room of the passenger seat and half of it in the trunk... still in the plastic bag because I went crazy at Marshalls. hahaha I am not really proud of what I did but hey... I'm a girl so do the math. hahahha

I love the red car. My first car was a red one. I chose the color and yes, I was my giant purse... I got all the things I need there from snack to shower stuff.

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 18, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I've asked that comments not contain links, as I cannot post them. Unfortunately I've just had to delete three.

I will return visits as soon as possible and treasure every visit and dislike when I have to remove them to retain my blogging rights.

Take care & God bless.

Icy BC August 19, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Those are cool cars, and motorcycle..

SquirrelQueen August 19, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I love that mustang convertible. One of my first cars was a red Ford coupe and the first one I took out a loan on was a '72 Sundance orange Firebird 400. My current ride is a 1978 Camaro.

And I love to go to car shows. I can also do most of my own maintenance if I have to (married to a master mechanic). Does that make me a "car girl"?