Not go? Not a chance!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can I not go?
The beauty is my cure.
Not looking out the window
Is too much to endure.

The lovely leaves beckon me
Their beauty calls my name
Ever since I've seen them
My life's not been the same..

The ease with which they greet me
Their stirring in the breeze
Oh the lovely sight of blue skies
Glowing through the trees.

Now the day is over
The daylight hours are past
But my treasured photos
Will help my memories last..
nature by God

poem by Judy Sheldon-Walker

I took these pictures from the fourth floor window of my job during my half an hour lunch break. This is where I get my "fix" during the work day. For more photos please join us at Skywatch Friday and bring along your photos to share. :-) Take care and God bless. I am so happy you came to visit me today.

Sylvia K August 19, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Beautiful skies and lovely captures for the day, Judy! I know I get my "fix" looking up, too! Hope you have a beautiful weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

SquirrelQueen August 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Beautiful trees and skies, there is not way not to look. I love your poem.

When you mentioned you took these during your lunch break you brought back some memories. When I lived in AK I worked at a mall for a few months one winter. It was dark when I got to work and dark when I went home. During my lunch 1/2 hr I would go to one of the outside doors and have lunch on a nearby bench so I could get a look at the sunshine.

J Bar August 20, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Great shots.

Self Sagacity August 20, 2010 at 1:42 AM

I love your writing Judy. This poem is especially mysterious...to what did you see my dear that you want to go so badly? Did I understand that correctly?

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Thanks, all for the visits. I truly appreciate them.

Judy, I lived in NY (the concrete jungle), and it was devoid of trees, lawns, flowers and so forth. I was desperate to get home so I could enjoy nature once again. Now I just can't seem to get enough of it. When you sit in a cubicle all day long within four walls and cannot see outside, those few minutes of lunch are heaven! he he, so I know exactly what you mean!

Amanda, the trees and nature beckoned me from the window, that's all. They said come look at me. lol

Take care & God bless!

ruthi August 20, 2010 at 9:11 PM

lovely sky photos. what else could you do with your 30 minutes breaks? it isn't much right? this is one productive way of spending your break... appreciating the beauty of God's blessing.

May you have a blessed weekend. take care.

Anne Lyken-Garner August 21, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Great and inspirational words, Judy. I'm so glad I visited you today. Have a lovely week-end.

Icy BC August 23, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Loving this post, Judy! Gorgeous sky photos and your poem just shout out love..