In His Shadow

Saturday, August 7, 2010

shadow1 shadow I’ve read there are cultures that require wives to walk ten paces behind their husbands. So in a manner of speaking they are walking in their shadow. We were created to be a man’s help mate so should we not walk beside him?

If I am to be in a shadow, let it be God’s. He can guide and direct me and I will gladly follow. As long as I am in His shadow then I will know it is His light shining and guiding. To join in our shadow shot Sunday please visit Harriet.
I can't wait to see you there!

Take care & God bless!

nana_ang_poppaphil August 8, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Beautiful shadows.Well done!

Hey Harriet August 8, 2010 at 4:12 AM

I'm really liking the pastel colours of that building. Has a very cool 50s retro vibe about it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Journaling Woman August 8, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Your photos are really creative.

I believe that God created us to walk on our own, with him in mind. He talks about not giving into the spirit of fear, so we are to be fearless. We are to have a sound mind, so we are to think on are own. the only shadow we should live under is the shadow of God himself where we will find comfort, safety, guidance and holy love.

Great post, Judy.

ruthi August 8, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Yes Judy, in some Asian cultures women or wives in particular are expected to hard work for their husbands and it is indeed sad that women are degraded in some culture.

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Ruthi, I agree with you. I don't mind hard work, but a man should work equally hard, after all he is a man. Don't you think? God commanded Adam to labor for food. I will labor and have no problem with that but if I have a man I don't feel I should labor alone.

CHAN LEE PENG August 8, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Shadow that carries meaningful message. Great post here, sis!

an9e1a August 9, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Such beautiful shadow shots!!! :)

Icy BC August 9, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Great catch with the shadow, Judy! I like the first one..

SquirrelQueen August 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Great shadows Judy, I really like the colors in that second photo.

In some cultures women are treated horrifically and forced to end mutilations and other tortures. Maybe some day our sisters in those parts of the world can come out of man's shadow and live free.

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 9, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Chan, I try to think :-)

an9e1a, is this just a cool way to say Angela?

Icy, I enjoy chasing shadows. :-)

Judy, SQ, I'm with you on that. I don't like to see anyone being mistreated.

Thanks for the visit and God bless!

Self Sagacity August 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Thank god I don't live in that age, I would be hung for walking too fast in front of the males. I can see myself hung for other reasons too, I am glad I was born in my time. :-)

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Amanda, me too. Sometimes I get upset with myself for the things I spout back to my husband when he is so critical. We have a lot more freedom of speech than some other women do, and than our forefathers did. In my mother's day I would probably have been spanked or something. :-)