Godly Reflections

Saturday, August 7, 2010

GEDC3489
sun going down1
Have you ever watched a poker game? The poker players are trying to win money by the luck of the draw, the skill of remembering what was played, and by not reflecting their thoughts or circumstances on their faces. They have to display “poker faces”. Fortunate for me, I am not a poker player, as I have no “poker” face.

My face reflects my thoughts.

That’s not always a good thing. :-) How about yours? Can your loved ones see the love you have for them on your face? Can they see your sincerity and compassion? My prayer is that I will be as transparent as the water, and just as it reflects the sun, I want to reflect the love of the son of God in my face, my body language, and my daily life. If I am to be transparent, I have to be diligent in removing other things from my life so they will not mar the image.

For more reflections, and/or to join the fun, visit weekend reflections and enjoy the rest of your weekend. God bless!

'Tsuki August 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Such a lovely catches... Very nice sunny pictures : I love the way you framed those lights... Thanks for this nice contribution...

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Tsuki, thanks so much for your visit!

Rachel August 8, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Love the stillness of that first shot. And the glory of the second!

So true - about removing things in our lives that mar the reflection. Something to think about!

James August 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Beautiful shots. I love the lighting and the colors.

p.s. My site is worth "$96,463.72" but I'd settle for $10,000 cash on the barrel. :)

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 8, 2010 at 5:32 PM

James, it wouldn't be the same without you. :-) I've seen sites for sale but wonder how that works and I have 3 linked together. How would I separate them? Can you trust someone else to take what you've put into a site and not sully your name? How do they calculate the "blue book" price of our site? Sorry, I'm a quiz kid... I just posted that to see if the numbers change. I'm looking for something to mark my progress.

ruthi August 8, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Good thing I am not a poker player too. I love your photos... the reflection of the sun on the water is stunning. And yes, I am working on the "transparent" aspect in my life with God's grace.

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 8, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Ruthi, could we get there without it? I know I couldn't. :-) Thanks for your support.

Take care & God bless!

CHAN LEE PENG August 8, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I can see your love and care, thanks, sis!

Icy BC August 9, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Gorgeous pictures, Judy!
You always inspire me to think of God..I need it that!

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 9, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Chan, as I see yours! God bless you.

Icy, you inspire me also. Your work radiates of God. Who but God could make so much beauty?

Take care & God bless!

Self Sagacity August 13, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Good question Judy, I am always amazed that I can read my SO pretty well. Even though he is so afraid of it now that he sometimes will deny...LOL

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Amanda, I think it's good we can read them. It is an asset in communicating.

SquirrelQueen August 13, 2010 at 9:07 PM

My expressions are way to easy to read, I would not make a very good poker player.

I love your second photo Judy, that golden light is breathtaking.

SquirrelQueen August 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Okay, I have to admit I saw James' comment and your answer and got curious. I tried it and it said my site was worth $192,144.96 Since we all know no one is actually going to pay that much for a blog any idea what the purpose of this might be other than just for fun?

Mildred August 13, 2010 at 9:27 PM

What a lovely photo and such kind words. It's a pleasure to visit with you as this is my first time to join Weekend Reflections. Blessings to you this weekend.

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 13, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Judy, if you sold yours you could buy two of mine, revamp them and have money to spare. :-) I just added the widget to see if I made any progress but have no idea what the figures were in the beginning and if they changed. I'm not monitoring very well, am I?? :-)