A Budding Blogger

Sunday, August 1, 2010

memmem
Re`membrence, Mem Mem, for short spent Sunday with Grandma. We went to church together, took pictures of Rose of Sharon trees, went shopping, to the park, and then went home and made lunch. After lunch she decided to go outside and color. We roasted marshmallows after that and then we went to visit my friend Jeannie where we looked at her photos, cats, and flowers. She is posting photos of a tractor pull she visited yesterday. We enjoyed our preview! :-) (I've inserted her link, if you'd like to see the pictures she took.)

with Remembrence
Mem Mem is noticing the computer’s spell checker. She advised me that the computer thinks we misspelled her name  and that’s why there are squiggly red lines under it.

We took turns taking pictures of a number of different types of Rose of Sharon trees and she gathered fallen petals from beneath the trees. We brought those home and steeped them for tea. I told her that hibiscus petals help to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol.

Then she made a birthday card for her grand dad, (but left it at my house) and helped with this post (she photo edited and dictated). She did let me type, :-) and I'm pretty proud of her as she’s just 8 years old. Maybe I can get her to fill in for me when I don’t feel well.

It was a full day that sadly had to come to a close. Aren’t grandchildren precious? I hope your Sunday was just as pleasant!

CHAN LEE PENG August 2, 2010 at 12:57 AM

sis, next to the yellow flowers, without a pair of spectackles is you. Am I right, sis?

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 2, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Chan, Do I have to admit it? She got me and insisted we post it. :-) She wants to take pictures like her Grandma, use herbals, and blog. We even made a card together. That's my girl!

Thanks for the visit. Take care & God bless.

CHAN LEE PENG August 2, 2010 at 1:52 AM

No need, sis. I know it's not you, but someone who has a kind heart and sweet smile. I understand, sis.

Icy BC August 2, 2010 at 12:54 PM

This is a sweet post, Judy! Mem Mem will be a great blogger in the future having hung around you and learning the rope!

DoanLegacy August 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM

You're a great grandma in my book for spending quality time with your grandchildren..

Beautiful post, and photos!

Anne Lyken-Garner August 3, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Such a great day for you and your granddaughter. I wish I had good days like that with mine, but she was always a terror to be around.
To stop your computer underlining Mem Mem's name, just right click the name (in a word document) and click 'add to dictionary'. It'll stop thinking it's wrong.

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Anne, I wish you did too! They are so precious and I have so many! You will make a wonderful grandmother, but we aren't rushing things! lol

I know you can do that but have been afraid to because I don't know how many words it can hold?

SquirrelQueen August 6, 2010 at 6:00 PM

It sounds, and looks, like the two of you had a great day together. Great collages and a wonderful post, you do have a budding blogger on your hands.

Judy Sheldon-Walker August 6, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Icy & Judy, we had a ball. She really got a kick out of taking pictures and editing them then working on the blog.

Mildred August 13, 2010 at 11:01 PM

What a beautiful granddaughter and what fun you two shared. Love your photos.

Mariolina December 30, 2010 at 4:16 PM

AAwww,....I love how you spend time with your grandchildren :-) that is so beautiful :) God bless you guys!

Judy Sheldon-Walker December 30, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Mildred, thanks so much! Yes, we loved it!

Mariolina, you are so sweet to comment. I am so blessed! My heart overflows!

Anonymous July 24, 2011 at 4:59 PM