Today’s Flowers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

P8300193
P9050201
I have been busy sorting through my photo archives. There are so many photos there and most are cherished or would have been long gone. With over 5,000 I know it is time to name the albums properly and move some of them to thumb drives as my computer is reacting to this high volume of photos it is required to store and display for me on a weekly basis. It must groan when I plug in my memory card to download yet another batch.

Being the camera bug that I am this usually happens at least every other day. :-)

Perhaps I should spend a little time at Today’s Flowers instead and get my flower fix there until I get a chance to finish sorting through all my photos? There are plenty of lovely flowers there. Take a look. They are exquisite,  Happy Fourth and God bless!

Photography is a form of a artwork and give those like me who have long put down their paint brushes a chance to express themselves. Last year I came across the paintings of a talented young man and posted his work for my fourth of July celebration. If you have a chance look at his artwork. It is amazing! I quote the inspired young man as saying;
"All gave some. Some gave all." Thanks Ray Sorensen.

LOGO TODA'Y 02

Joanne July 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Enjoy sorting your photos. I have a large backlog of 35mm photos sitting in envelopes waiting to be put in photo albums. It's amazing how they've accumulated! Happy 4th ...

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 4, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Joanne, I am still sorting but have weeded out quite a few. If I had waited any longer my computer would have froze and perhaps remained frozen?? :-) Thanks for the visit.

Anonymous, I clicked on your link in my email. I cannot post links in the comment area so will have to delete it, but will visit you and thank you for your visit.

Take care & God bless!

Icy BC July 4, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Good luck with the sorting, Judy! I gave up on mine, and didn't even bother to count. You will have more photos, I promise, and all of that sorting will need to be sorted again "-)

Beautiful flowers!

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Icy, the number is a rough guess from all the cds I have burned so far. lol You are right, there will be more. Who can stop taking photos?

Enjoy your day!

Love, sis

SquirrelQueen July 6, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Beautiful flowers Judy, perfect colors for the holiday. Hope you had a great 4TH.

I know what you mean about the photo files, it's a wonder my hard drive doesn't explode. My computer groans when I get near the usb port. Thumb drives are great but check out the usb external drives. They are getting cheaper, 1TB drives can be had for fairly reasonable prices. Do you remember when we thought a MB would be all the memory we would ever need, now we are talking TB's.

DoanLegacy July 6, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Beautiful flowers, and great colors too!

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Judy, the fourth was great. Holidays are always nice.

I know what you mean; once upon a time a floppy disc was all the storage I needed. lol I've moved my office around a few times, had kids move in and back out and can't find the cable for my external. I unplugged it when my mother board got fried a few years back...

D.L., thanks for the visit. I love flowers and you have some delightful ones posted also.

Self Sagacity July 9, 2010 at 12:33 AM

when you're done, let me know if you'd mind sorting my entire computer...too many files, no time to sit and think.

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 9, 2010 at 7:18 AM

Amanda, I sat up until 5:30 in the morning just naming albums and only got 3/4 of the way through them. Teach me to download without naming!!

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 9, 2010 at 9:04 PM

D.L., I love flowers! I think 80% of my photos are of flowers and hate to hazard a guess on how many I can't name. :-)

ruthi July 10, 2010 at 9:33 PM

oh the task of sorting out photos eats up my time. it's so time consuming and yet i enjoy it. lol

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 10, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Ruthi, I enjoy looking at my photos too, but oh the time!