A Surprise in the Park

Sunday, June 13, 2010

GEDC8075
GEDC8074 I was heading home from church today and decided to detour through the park because I had spotted these lovely fuzzy trees the other day when my husband was driving and was unable to get a close enough look. It had been my plan to come back soon before the tree had an entirely different look.  I took a few close ups got into my car and started home when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Isn’t God good? I came out to get pictures of an unknown tree and caught deer  grazing in the park. I felt like I had won a prize!
GEDC8110
GEDC8114 GEDC8115
On the first deer picture I used color pop from Windows Live Writer and the last two just the natural color from the camera’s eye. Which do you like better?
I think the actual color is some where in between the two.

I love taking and looking at animal pictures. They entertain and fascinate us. We might do the same for them too. Sometimes they give us a curious look.
Chan Lee Peng has just published a couple of cute articles loaded with cats and dogs. I liked this one best; Why Cats and Dogs are Good Friends? It reminded me of how well Brownie got along with my cats and how sad they were when he disappeared.

For more lovely animals pictures head on over to Camera Critters.  I’m sure you will enjoy the animals there. I do.

Take care and God bless!

Camera Critters

Carletta June 13, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I have deer that visit my yard weekly and no matter how many times I see them I am still in awe.
You got some nice shots. I especially like the one where they are gazing your way and the famous whitetail in the last one.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 13, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Carletta, I would be in awe too, if deer were to visit my yard. I live in a busy street so that is not likely.

Thanks for the visit.

Joanne June 13, 2010 at 8:05 PM

They're such beautiful animals. Deer are more and more prevalent here on the east coast. We see them often in farm fields, and on the roadside. I like the color in the second two photos better. It seems to be more natural.

ruthi June 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

wooooo... you are so lucky to spot them. i am always waiting for them to visit my backyard but my timing is always bad.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 13, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Oops, I don't live "in" a street but on it. Even that sounds funny if you think about it. :-)

Joanne, and Ruthi, I love when the deer stand still enough to let me see them. I feel particularly blessed this Sunday as they let me take their picture too!

Thanks for your visits and God bless.

CHAN LEE PENG June 14, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Deer are "creative" and smart animals. I like those particularly with spots on their bodies. Deer are indeed a wonder of the nature.

Thanks, sis!

Icy BC June 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM

You're lucky to caught those deers, and capture their pictures. What a wonderful surprise!

SquirrelQueen June 15, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Oh Judy, you are so lucky to have seen the deer before you drove away. I really like the one where he/she turned and looked at you. We see them in the fields here sometimes and I am always captured by their beauty.

I like the natural colors of the last two photos best. By the way, that tree is gorgeous.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 21, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Chan, Icy, and Judy, I could promise I answered your comments, but where are mine? hmmm

Thanks so much for your visits. Take care & God bless!