Mirror Etchings

Sunday, June 27, 2010

GEDC9026
Today Jeannie and I met at the Laundromat to wash clothes then went on to have lunch. While ordering my salad I glanced over and noticed the etching on the mirror. One of her hobbies is doing mirror etchings and she created a delightful one for me with Pooh bear so I knew she would appreciate the talent and work that goes into this art.  GEDC9025 She did and there wasn’t just one mirror. There were four!
We both had to have pictures of all four mirrors.

GEDC9029 It was good to see her snapping away as she has had a nasty intestinal bug and is just now getting back on her feet.  Even taking pictures was out of the question. She was just beginning to feel better on father’s day and posted some pictures of her family to her FaceBook account.

GEDC9022

If you were wondering where we ate, here’s a clue. :-)
 GEDC9024
Visit James at Weekend Reflections to see more photos and share your own.

mARTy June 27, 2010 at 3:47 AM

cool reflections i like the glass

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 27, 2010 at 4:53 AM

mARTy, cool tag! Thanks for the visit.

Icy BC June 27, 2010 at 8:40 AM

That is so awesome, Judy! I love looking at all the details in the etchings.

Joanne June 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM

What a wonderful artform. These are really interesting, I really don't see them too often. I have a mirror that's about 50 years old, with vine etchings on each corner. It hangs over my fireplace, I love the look of the art in the glass.

awarewriter June 27, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I like these mirrors and your fine series of images. Good work.

Self Sagacity June 30, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Very nice reflections. It's creative how you've captured it.

SquirrelQueen July 2, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Those etchings are so pretty, I would have thought you were in an upscale restaurant.

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 2, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Icy, aren't they pretty? You should see the mirrors Jeannie creates.

Joanne, that has to be awesome above a fireplace! They are so romantic.

Awarewriter, thanks so much for your visit.

Amanda, I couldn't help myself :-)

Judy, I am amazed at the many ways McDonalds decorates it's restaurants. Some of the ones we visited in NY were absolutely gorgeous and others just perfunctory.

Take care and God bless!