In or Out?

Sunday, June 27, 2010

GEDC9276 When our family visited one of our relatives, as a child, I can remember hearing constantly “go out and play!” After playing for awhile us children would head in to see what the “grown folks” were doing. As our parents saw us coming in we would then hear “Either in or out, which is it?” If we were foolish enough to opt to stay in, we were not allowed to sit amongst the grown folks, but delegated to another room to sit and behave quietly.

There is a similarity in living our lives through Christ. He is either in our lives or out. We can’t taste a bit of “outside” come in, check in with him, then run outside to play again. He has given us a choice to be in or out. Solomon in I Kings 3:3-13, Living Letters,  followed his father's instructions and loved the Lord, however he continued to offer false offerings. So while he obeyed in many aspects he faltered in one. He had offered 1,000 offerings at one of the hilltop offerings where false idols were worshiped.

After wards the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream and requested of him what he wanted. The Lord opened his heart when he made this offer to Solomon. Solomon opened his mind to listen to God. He praised God and confessed his own inadequacies asking for wisdom so that he might obey God's commands and govern God's people. Even today Solomon's wisdom is renown.

But Jeremy, our minister gives us a new spin on “in” and “out”. We can have both, but the recommendation is to take knowledge “in”to our minds, and give love “out” from our hearts. This way we can  experience spiritual growth. :-) Now I can “play” both  “in” and “out” and you can play spiritual musings with Ruthi and I at my refugeonline.com.

May God richly bless you this week end and through the coming week.

Joanne June 27, 2010 at 9:43 PM

The process seems life affirming, like an inhale/exhale. What we inhale in our thoughts, we exhale through the heart. A nice contemplation today ... Have a great week :)

Anne Lyken-Garner June 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Amen. I was pleased to see the heading on the board, as I'm a member of the Church of Christ.
Incidentally, our Bible study is also at 10, and worship service begins at 11.

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Joanne, it was strange to see your comment before I finished my post. I started it in Windows Live Writer. I then "publish" it from there and come over to edit it at Google. I was still editing for over an hour after your comment. Thanks so much for the visit. Take care & God bless.

Anne, I knew we were sisters in Christ, but now we are even more so.
Take care & God bless!

DoanLegacy June 28, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Beautiful translation for the meaning of In or Out!

Judy Sheldon-Walker June 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM

D.L. thanks so much for your visit. I hope your week is richly blessed!

Self Sagacity June 30, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Interesting and sweet, I will try to remember. :-)

SquirrelQueen July 2, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Your parents sound like mine, we kids were always in & out of the door. A lovely description of In and Out. Your minister's spin on the phrase is a wise one.

Judy Sheldon-Walker July 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Amanda, thanks for the visit. Your support is appreciated.

Judy, thanks for the visit. I hope you are enjoying your week end.

Take care & God bless!