Shadow Shot Sunday and Yard Work

Sunday, May 16, 2010

GEDC6283
GEDC6284 GEDC6310

First stop today was a visit to Jeannie’s. Her irises have made their debut. Isn’t this one pretty?

Then my grandson came over to help me plant some flowers and dig up some trees that had planted themselves under my front step. I appreciated the extra help and muscle. We had a maple tree and two other kinds of trees that had taken root. One was similar to the one he is planting under. It had grown quite GEDC6311 tall. He laid them beside the steps for me to admire. Look at the roots on this rascal!

It’s difficult for me to find time to complete my yard work so I really appreciated his assistance and his promise to come back Sunday and finish planting all the flowers I have stashed. We could not dig out one of the trees that I cut down yearly; one that always stubbornly grows back, so I poured vinegar on the stump. It is growing too close to the house and could cause damage to my foundation. A plant can be so tenacious!

For more shadow shots visit heyharriet.

Shadow Shot Sunday logo1

Sylvia K May 16, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Delightful and beautiful shadow shots for the day! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sylvia

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 16, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Sylvia, thanks! You too!

Hey Harriet May 16, 2010 at 6:01 AM

These are lovely, and how sweet of your grandson to give you a hand in the garden. What a wonderful young man he is!

Hope you have a great week!

Icy BC May 16, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Lovely iris, Judy! Mine are blooming too..and I know how stubborn trees can be. I have also cut down a few unwanted trees in my yard too, but they always grow back..

Greyscale Territory May 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Lovely mix of sharp and soft shadows in these photos! And the iris is simply gorgeous!

Icy BC May 16, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Judy, when he is done with your yard, send him over to mine..I can sure use some muscles..

Also, you've been tagged!

Middle Ditch May 16, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Beautiful pictures and what a lovely Iris this is. Someone once told me that wood stainer or creosote will do the job of killing unwanted tree stumps.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 16, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Harriet, I do have to give him credit in not being afraid of work. He rolls up his sleeves and gets right down to business.
Icy, he is supposed to be planting my irises this morning. Jeannie's are so pretty and I know yours are too. I wish we lived closer. We'd come over and help.
Greyscale, thank you for the visit and leaving a comment.
Middleditch, I will be sure to share that info with Icy. This has been one stubborn tree. I bought the house in 94 and have been cutting it down annually. It is very close to my house.

Thanks, everyone for your visits. Take care & God bless!

Clytie May 17, 2010 at 12:53 AM

I think it's cute that for Shadow Shot Sunday your grandson managed to find work under the only shade around! Smart man!

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 17, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Clytie, you're right. He's pretty clever. :-)

Thanks for the visit. Have a blessed week!

Ruthi May 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Shadows are fascinating to me. Me and my brothers loved wall shadow games when we were little. Now, I love taking photos of different shadows that gives amazing shapes.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 20, 2010 at 9:06 PM

I remember shadow shows as a child. What were they called? Goodness, my age is showing.

Thanks for the visit and God bless.

SquirrelQueen May 25, 2010 at 12:00 AM

The bearded iris is lovely, mine have been blooming for awhile now and will be gone soon.

That is so nice of your grandson to give you a hand with the yard.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 25, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Judy, it is always nice to have help with chores and he is a hard worker, when I find him available. :-)

Thanks for the visit.