Rose of Sharon’s

Sunday, May 2, 2010

GEDC5104_01 GEDC5105_01
What a perfect title for a perfect green house. The title is perfect because the Master Gardner’s name is Sharon (Clark).  The greenhouse is perfect because the plants here are without blemish and in perfect health.
This delightful greenhouse just opened and displays the most fabulous flowers and vegetables I have ever seen.  My friend Jeannie invited me to go with her and her children as they shopped there today.

As you can see by my pictures, we spent a  good portion of our day there, and the sky became more gray as the day progressed, but inside the green houses, you would never guess how gray it was outside. The colors of these healthy plants was so vibrant and breathtaking it was very difficult to decide which one to take home! GEDC5066_01
 After finally deciding the manager/owner advised that if we bring the pots back we can get another flower/plant for just the cost of the soil and the plant. Hmmm . . . If you are in the neighborhood of 8937 Weeks Road, Horton, MI, come have a look. GEDC5086_01      GEDC5072_01
Their hours are from 9:00 to 6:00 every day of the week. Take home a plant for Mom for mother's day! God bless and take care.

SquirrelQueen May 2, 2010 at 4:21 AM

What a fun looking place, I love the old building next to the greenhouses. I could easily spend the day in a greenhouse.

Journaling Woman May 2, 2010 at 8:45 AM

First of all - love your beautiful header.

Re: Greenhouse. I have always thought it would be a great life to be a plant and live in a greenhouse. I too can spend days in greenhouses.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 2, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Judy, we did spend much of the day there. I had never seen so many varieties and took so many pictures because they were just to beautiful not to. :-)

Teresa, thanks for the compliment. That lake is close to my home and I love to watch the sunset there. If I were a plant, I would want to live at a greenhouse like this one, because you can see they are loved here.

Thanks for the visits and God bless!

Icy BC May 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Judy, are you using Window Live writer? I hope you like it!

Beautiful photos, and what a great way to spend the day!

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Icy, I love it for the ease and speed of uploading pics. I can drag them from my photo album without the extra step of saving to my desk top but I can't figure out how to space the wording so I always have to edit after.

Icy, it does save me time and I am so grateful. That is something I have so little of. I downloaded 359 pics when I got in at nearly 9 pm. :-) How is your week end?

Icy BC May 3, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Judy, I'm glad to know that it saves you time..I have very little too, and I couldn't figure out how to space wording or break it into paragraph either.

Sounds like a busy weekend for you..Mine was spending on soccer fields, but it was great..

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 3, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Icy, I am glad you had a more peaceful and enjoyable week end. You and Joey deserve it.

Take care & God bless!

Mumsy May 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I would have spent the day in that green house, and taking pictures of every single flowers/plants they have there!

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 3, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Mumsy, we are birds of a feather. :-)