A Revisit to the Wisteria Tree

Saturday, May 1, 2010

GEDC5248 GEDC5250 GEDC5251

Jeannie invited me to visit a new green house today called "Rose of Sharon Green House". I was tickled to go with her. Not only did I come home with a new plant but I had a wonderful time, took more pictures of her Wisteria tree and lots of other photos. I love seeing her fruit trees, chickens, flowers, and enjoy the peace and quiet of the country.

Jeannie and her husband live on a farm in a more remote area than I do. I had to laugh at them as they used their phones to two way each other while within sight of one another, but not hearing range. She was hollering into her cell phone and he was running through the front yard trying to find an area with reception. He jokingly told her earlier that he should put his cell phone on a long pole, hold it up in the air and yell at it while using it as a speaker phone. While I would love to move from the city to the country, I do not have to worry about losing my cell phone signal....

SquirrelQueen May 2, 2010 at 4:02 AM

The Wisteria is so pretty, love the color. I have to admit my hubby and I have used our cell phones while in sight of each other but we didn't have the signal problem. It must have been funny to watch them talk.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 2, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Judy, it was so funny that she and I were cracking up and it made it difficult for to stay composed long enough to talk or hear. :-) We could see him laughing too!

Icy BC May 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Beautiful flower and the color is gorgeous!

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 2, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Icy, thanks. I appreciate your visit and comment and hope you are doing well today.

Take care & God bless.

Anne Lyken-Garner May 3, 2010 at 8:11 AM

The petals are so delicate and the close-ups are magnificent. I love wisteria, but I'm afraid I won't be able to grow it. We're moving soon. Maybe this is my big chance to try this plant.

Mumsy May 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Simply stunning when I enlarge the photos!

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Anne, go for it! I know you can do it! She has really babied it. Jeannie says she planted peat moss around it and kept it wet. She even drenches it before the ground freezes the wraps it with burlap bags until it's stronger (a couple of years old). She says they need lots of water, sun, and little wind.

Mumsy, it fascinates me. Thanks for the visit.