Our Miracle

Thursday, May 20, 2010

ruby n shaon bink

Ruby went into labor at just 25 weeks. I was working second shift at the prison and the control center received a call from my frantic daughter .They immediately called the unit I was working in then sent a replacement officer to fill in for me, as I rushed home to take her to the hospital.

She had my youngest son dressed and ready to go. It was a cold wintry day as we rushed through snowy streets to our local hospital, which in turn sent us to Sparrow hospital in Lansing. Ruby was given medications to postpone his delivery as long as possible and placed in an inverted bed, but just a few days later, Shaon made his entry. Our precious DeShaon weighed  only 1 pound 7 ounces, and actually went down to 1 pound 2 ounces before he started gaining weight, but as you can see, he/we persevered.  For those who do not believe our God is one who performs miracles, I present our son/grandson. He is truly an answer to our prayers. I tease Shaon about his beginnings, telling him he fit in the palm of my hand, and a tub of margarine weighed more than he did.

Ruby and I will forever be grateful to Sparrow hospital for the wonderful care they gave our baby in his first few months and to McDonalds. My tribute to McDonalds is written here. Both played a huge part in his miraculous beginnings, and so did my daughter’s stubbornness. I know Shaon inherited it, but this is one time we are glad he did.  :-)

The first picture here is my daughter’s favorite, and she took it herself. She’s pretty clever, because she is in it. The camera was not on a tripod or a timer. She’ll have to share this trick with me. Take care and God bless! He blesses me and I know He is good.

Ruby May 21, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Aww I love my baby soo much. I always said I would go back to sparrow to tell our story but just haven't made it yet. Maybe sometime soon but this blog could help out a lot of families that may be going through the samething or that knows someone who is. Keep blogging Mom, your good at it.

CHAN LEE PENG May 21, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Ya, it's good to know God take care of you and Ruby. Take care, sister! :-)

Icy BC May 21, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Miracle happens, some are small and some are big. I've experienced it myself. Ruby is blessed, and you're blessed! We just have to have faith..

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 21, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Ruby, dear daughter, I know you are up sending children off to school. I always get goose bumps when I think back to Shaon's birth.

Have a blessed day.

Chan, it is, isn't it? Have a blessed day. Thanks for visiting!

Every day is full of miracles, some we just don't stop and think about.

Love you guys,
Mom and sis

Ruthi May 21, 2010 at 12:25 PM

What an amazing story. I do believe miracles happen all the time too. And even if I didn't get the miracle I wanted for the child I lost in miscarriage... I know... that was God's miracle in a different way.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 21, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Ruthi, you are in my prayers. Ruby, just lost two babies in a row. She was truly hurt, but we trust in God's plan. As you can see she is pregnant again. I am not comparing her losses with yours, as she has had pregnancies that have come to term and given birth. There is no comparison.

You have a wonderful loving heart and I am sure God will grant you your little blessing in His own special time. She and I want people to know that our God loves us and performs miracles daily.

Take care & God bless!

Anne Lyken-Garner May 22, 2010 at 11:35 AM

He's truly a miracle. And what a handsome boy he is too! Thank God for your miracle. I believe He does work in our favour.
Sorry I haven't been around. I'm having a difficult time at the moment.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 22, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Anne, thanks for your visit. I wish there was something I could do to help you feel better. My prayers are with you.

Take care & God bless.

SquirrelQueen May 24, 2010 at 11:00 PM

What a handsome young man, I know you and Ruby must be very proud of him. With such a miraculous beginning he is sure to have a wonderful life.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Judy, he sure has and we are very grateful for him!