Join me at the Dance Recital

Monday, May 17, 2010

GEDC6331

We assemble for the show. This is the first dance recital I can recall going to and it is all the more special because three of my grand children will be participating. One will be performing ballet and tap, the youngest ballet, and the oldest  hip hop.

I deleted over 75% of the pictures and actually saved many I would not normally save. Let’s just say the conditions were not the best for taking photos. It was dark, there was a lot of movement; from the dancers and the audience, and my camera is a small point and shoot.  Oh, and did I say that I am not as steady as I should be?

The staff and the students performed an outstanding job. I only saw one case of tears, and many cheers and smiles. For the most part the children danced their hearts out and warmed ours.

One twin was selected to perform, the other one sat in the audience with us. He sits on his cousin TeLove`’s lap. Toya, Chris’ girl,  is on her left.

Baby boy, Chris, sits four seats over from me. He sits next to my daughter’s niece and then Aaron's mother, Carol, and my baby girl, Ruby, the performing children’s mother.
GEDC6503
Meet the proud mom, and yes, there is another one on the way. She’s got a little point and shoot too, so please say cheese. The children were more than happy to oblige! It was a proud moment for all. Hats off to their mom for getting them to all their practices and providing them with support and encouragement!

GEDC6496 My turn. I want pictures. Grandma was blessed with hugs and smiles. Thanks, girls!

They truly enjoyed their big day, maybe as much as we did! Not only did they get to dance but they got to dress up too. We loved their costumes. Several organizations were kind enough to donate them and the dancing lessons are based on ability to pay, giving many children who may not have otherwise had the opportunity, the opportunity.

guyspage
The oldest son, the husband and the youngest son and the other twin. My baby boy is not entirely pictured here. He was talking to Aaron. I have the utmost respect for my daughter’s husband. He is kind, gentle and understanding. I could not ask for a better husband for my daughter or father for their children. He is selfless and dedicated to the betterment of his family. They are a great team.

The sadness is because the very last day of L`Mear’s class his teacher decided to omit him from the performance.  He was taking creative movement dance and absolutely loved it, and looking forward to each class with great anticipation. The night of the recital he looked for his dance shoes. He could have cried and carried on, but he quietly watched as his sisters and step brother performed and received their flowers and accolades.  We felt that he could have performed as well as many children his age did, but it was a decision not made by us.

dancers
Anthony,  bottom left, did an outstanding job of dancing hip hop. Re`membrence, 7,  danced both ballet and tap. She did a remarkable job remembering her steps. She is the second from the right, top.

Mom n Dad n L'Mirrah
Mom and Dad, Aaron and Ruby, and  L’Mirrah, 4 the other twin in two of her performances. I apologize again for photo quality. I hope you enjoyed the show, and am sorry you could not have been here. It was great fun.

Take care and God bless. I hope you and yours had a great week end too.

CHAN LEE PENG May 17, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Thanks for a family great show. Ask Ruby to take good care of herself because she's pregnant!

I'm gald to know that you'd had a wonderful time during the show. Thanks sister for taking the photos.

Journaling Woman May 17, 2010 at 11:56 PM

What a great photo show. I enjoyed it greatly. Oh my - let's see - I went to 16 years of dance recitals and then 4 years of dance and drill team. I understand. :)

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 18, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Chan, thank you for the visit. We had a great time!

Teresa, you like graceful and athletic, like you could have taught the class. Thanks for the visit.

Take care & God bless.

Icy BC May 18, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Although the pictures are a bit blurry, but still you can see what a great show it was. I'm glad you had a good time, Judy!

Joanne May 18, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Thanks for bringing us there with your photos. My girls both took tap lessons for a couple years. Those are special times, all dressed up and performing on the stage, the children living their dreams.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Icy, I threw out over 75% of the photos, but I had to save some! :-)
We really enjoyed it and so did the children.

Joanne, the children are still talking about it. I just called my daughter and could hear them in the background singing their music. They can't wait to do it again.

I wonder if this helps with stage fright when they have to do presentations later.

Thanks for the visits. Take care & God bless!

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 20, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Ruthi, it was wonderful. It does the heart good. Thanks so much for your visit.

Take care & God bless.

Ruby May 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Mom I'm glad we could share one of our proudest and happiest family moments with you, in turn you sharing them with the world. The children really did enjoy themselves. Anthony said he'll be more prepared next year now that he knows what to expect.

Chan, thank you for your concern; I'm trying my best.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Ruthi, my daughter sent me something personal. I went to delete it and did not realize the computer was rolling. I'm sorry I deleted your comment. :-(

Ruby, thanks for the new comment.

love you, mom

Mumsy May 24, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Your grandchildren are adorable!

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 24, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Mumsy, I second that, but then I am biased!

Take care & God bless!

SquirrelQueen May 24, 2010 at 11:17 PM

It looks like a fun event, it must have been great seeing the kids preform. Although its already been said I think your grandchildren are adorable too.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 25, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Judy, can a grandmother ever hear that too many times? :-)

Thanks so much for your visit. Take care & God bless.