Wordless Wednesday - Then and Now

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Icy BC April 21, 2010 at 6:44 AM

These are lilac flowers, right Judy? Just absolutely gorgeous!

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 21, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Icy, I'm pretty sure they are. It's funny that I could not figure them out in the winter time, but now that they are blooming they are more recognizable - kind of like us. We are known by our "fruit".

Have a blessed day!

Joanne April 21, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Each season does have its own beauty. We really see the architecture of the plant in winter, don't we?

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 21, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Joanne, funny, I never noticed how the twigs/branches were different on a lilac tree until this winter. I had taken pictures during the winter as I was fascinated with the more delicate structure of portions of the bush. About a week ago those sections started blooming. Hmmmm....

Thanks for your visit. Take care & God bless.

CHAN LEE PENG April 25, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Beautiful flowers..I like them, sister.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 25, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Chan, thanks so much for your visit. I'm glad you like the lilacs. They are right outside the door at my job.

Have a blessed day.

Your honorary sis

Ruthi April 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Wow... Judy they are so pretty. How fascinating it is to see the "then and now" photos... and how they were transformed.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Aren't they cool? It took me all winter to figure this one out. :-)

Thanks for visit! God bless!

SquirrelQueen April 26, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Gorgeous lilacs Judy. Mine also looked like those in your first photo this winter, the little buds just waiting for the warmth. Isn't it amazing how spring brings it all back in a burst of color. Hope yours smell as good as mine do right now.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 26, 2010 at 7:30 AM

I am allergic to most floral fragrances and get migraines, so fortunate for me, I have not smelled them yet. I love the scent, but it does not love me. :-)

Rachel April 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Our lilacs just bloomed this week too - how beautiful!

I get instant headaches from the scent too, though I do love it!

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Rachel, I'm sorry you get headaches too. I know how they feel, but we enjoy the beauty.

Take care & God bless! btw, love your avatar!!