Wordless Wednesday - Pink Parrot Tulips

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Icy BC April 7, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Wow..these tulips are very different from the ones that I have in the garden. Ours only have one layer of petals..

Beautiful shots..

Joanne April 7, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Lovely images to start our day ...

Ruthi April 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM

oh I love pink. Love the photos. Thanks again for sharing Judy.

Ruthi April 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM

oh I love pink. Love the photos. Thanks again for sharing Judy.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Icy, I was sure they were something else because of how full and multi-layered the blooms are, but the tag says tulip. I bought it on sale at Wal Marts for $4. to treat myself for Easter. :-) Plus they have bulbs so I can put them outside and plant them. Thanks for your visit!

Joanne, thanks for the visit and the compliment.

Ruthi, thanks, and you are welcome!

Self Sagacity April 8, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Judy, those are such beautiful flowers! The pink is so soft and romantic!

Anne Lyken-Garner April 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I've been meaning to plant some double petal tulips for ages. These have just reminded me.
They're lovely.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM

S.S. they look too pretty to call a tulip, but not quite a rose...Thanks for the visit.

Anne, they make me think of the Rose of Sharon. I have the tree but it's petals are only one layer. Jeannie has the tree but they are triple layer, and hers are multi-colored too. We are so blessed with all these wonderful blooms and fragrances to choose from.

God bless!

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 9, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Jeannie says that this particular tulip is called a parrot tulip. It has a bulb just like the other and requires very little care. As soon as all danger of frost is over (it snowed last night), I will plant my pretty pink tulip bulbs outside.

SquirrelQueen April 10, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I have been seeing more of this type of tulip this year. I saw some in the park the other day and before that I saw them in the grocery store. They are lovely, great photos Judy.