Thankful Thursday - Imagination

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

If an image is a reproduction or likeness of something (Webster's Desk Dictionary) then imagination is the mind's ability to form a mental picture.  Isn't this what we do when we thrift shop? We see a scratched book case and imagine it with a new coat of paint, or after being sanded down.

Don't ask me how many such "projects" I have in my home; a piece of fleece to turn into a baby blanket, a pair of old denim cut offs to turn into a purse...The list goes on. In my mind's eye the shorts are not shorts, but a purse for my grand daughter with a pretty piece of ribbon tied through the waist band and a shiny new key chain dangling from a loop.
GEDC3753
An A-shirt was given lace around the neck and became a summer top for another grand daughter, an extra set of sheets become summer curtains. I had no curtain rods handy so I  substituted  dowels and hung them with cup hooks.

Imagination does not allow us to stop in our tracks. It is the wind in our sails… “What man can imagine he may one day achieve.” – Nancy Hale

and Phillis Wheatley remarked on imagination “O thou, the leader of the mental train.”
Lead on imagination, I am your willing and eager student.
GEDC3756

When I scramble eggs the shells sit in water overnight then are used to water my plants. This coffee container can easily hold them overnight with the lid on to stop kitties from snooping. If you want a narrower spout don’t cut as wide and you will have a finer stream when you pour.

Take care and God bless!

Self Sagacity April 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Would you like to come over to my house and do some imagining? I could use some help in the arrangement and recreation of some broken old things ;-)

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 29, 2010 at 9:31 AM

S.S., I'd love to; sounds like a lot of fun!

Anne Lyken-Garner April 30, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Great insight, Judy. We're moving into an old house soon, so I need some of that posted to me over here.:-)

I found it difficult to read the font of this post with my glasses on. I don't know if it's the colour or the style.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 30, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Anne, I'm playing with Window writer and they have a large array of fonts. It's tempting to play around.

You have a wonderful imagination. You will have that house shining in no time!:-)

Icy BC May 1, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Thanks for the tips, Judy!

The font is difficult to see, my eyes are watering, sis..

SquirrelQueen May 2, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Imagination and creativity go hand in hand. Fortunately they don't wear out from over use. I've used the dowels and cup hooks for curtains too, it worked great.

I don't know if you've changed the font Judy but it looks fine on my screen.

Judy Sheldon-Walker May 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Judy, I did, poor Icy. I was playing with the features at Live Write. I love different fonts, but maybe they aren't good for blogging.

You're right, imagination does not wear out from overuse. I think it gets better.

Thanks for the visit. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous October 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I should digg your post therefore other people are able to look at it, really useful, I had a tough time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Thomas

Judy Sheldon-Walker October 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Thomas, you are so kind. I wish I knew where to find you to return the favor.