Photo Tag

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Isn't this exciting? I remember playing tag with cousins and friends as a child. We would play until it got dark out. There were shrieks of delight when you caught someone and then it would be your turn to run and hide. Often times I would be hoarse the next day from the excited yelling, but I don't think this "tag" is quite the same, but it is fun, nonetheless.

I'm "it". I was "found" tagged, by Judy at Through Squirrel Eyes. If you haven't visited her blog yet, you need to do so (as soon as you get done here, of course!). Her critters, flowers, and scenery will take your breath away. Be careful, if she sees you, we may have another game of tag going on. :-) But I'll play if you want to.

The rules are:
  • Look through your photo archives for the chosen blog and pull out the tenth photo you posted.
  • Tell us a little about it.
  • Tag five more players
  • Let the fun begin!
    My photo was taken of my catalpa tree. My tree inspires me.  You see the tree seemed to have come from nowhere. A scrawny little tree was growing up through the back corner of our driveway. It had not been invited, and my husband said it had to go. It was cracking the cement.

I called a man who does odd jobs and hired him to remove it. He used his saw and cut it down as low as he could, then he poured some chemicals on it.

Doesn't man try to impede our growth at times? He throws some detours in our path hoping we will get out of his way. If God wants you where you are, you will be and He blessed my little tree, which is now taller than my home and still in the back corner of my driveway. Cement, a saw and chemicals did not stop its growth. When I look at my tree I become encouraged to overcome my obstacles.  I anxiously await the beautiful blossoms it gives me each year. Well, that's the story of my catalpa tree.

Now I was told to tag five people. I kept my word pad on the side and busily copied down blog addresses, but through the week I found that some of the people I selected had been tagged by others, so I removed them from my list. Here are the ones that remain. If you were not included, join anyway. Let's have fun.

Thanks for playing with me today. Take care & God bless!

SquirrelQueen April 18, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I think tag was one of my favorite games as a kid, I was pretty good at hiding from the taggers.

That is a great story about the little tree, I guess the survival instinct is as strong in plants as it is in animals and humans.

Thanks for playing Judy.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Judy, thanks for inviting me!

Take care & God bless!

Mumsy April 19, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Thanks for tagging me, and I will post it as soon as I can.

Anne Lyken-Garner April 19, 2010 at 5:52 AM

I always have a special place in my heart for white flowers. They're so peaceful. They make me feel calm, cool and blessed.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 19, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Mumsy, thanks for playing. It took me about two weeks to post. I realize people have busy schedules, but we will be here when you want to play. :-)

Anne, I love flowers of any color, but these have a special meaning.

Take care, thanks for the visits and have a blessed day!

Enchanted Oak April 19, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I loved the story of your catalpa tree. Such commitment to growth!
    Also, I treasure your comments on my blog. You uplifted me this week. I thank God for you.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 19, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Chris, you are too kind! It is you that uplifts me always with your determination, compassion, and creativity!

We need to be committed to our own growth. My catalpa gives me such a gentle reminder.

Take care & God bless.

Joanne April 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM

What a wonderful tribute to your catalpa tree. Mother Nature is so very inspiring, isn't she? Thanks so much for tagging me, too. I love finding life correlations in photographs, and do enjoy sharing those on my blog :)

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Joanne, you do it so well too. You were a natural pick for this game!
    Thanks for playing with us!

Take care & God bless!