Dumb Looks are Free!

Friday, April 9, 2010

I was out doing one of my favorite things, looking for bargains, when I came across words similar to the ones I posted in the first illustration. I got a chuckle out of the sign sitting on the check out counter which read something like "Dumb looks: free, Answers: $1.00, Answers requiring thought: $5.00. Aren't we always looking for something for free, or at least something economically priced?

For some reason I came upon the second sign in the same day. Is someone telling me something? If you want to eat, you have to pay, but the smells are free, and they were heavenly. It smelled so good I realized I was hungry. I fingered the dollar in my pocket and headed home to cook something.

When I arrived home I noticed another sign, a sign of God's love. As I peered outside my living room window in between checking on dinner cooking on my stove, I noticed the beautifully designed sky God had created for us. The same sky that canopies my world canopies yours. Isn't our God wonderful? And this is better than a dumb look any day. :-)

Take care and G♥d bless!

Journaling Woman April 10, 2010 at 12:29 AM

This is a wonderful post, very inspired. Love it.

Also love your new header

Teresa

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 10, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Teresa, you always inspire me, so it's nice to know that I can return the favor. :-)

Thanks & God bless.

SquirrelQueen April 10, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Isn't the old saying "the best things in life are free"? No one can charge us for viewing the sky, the trees or a little squirrel in that tree. Well, maybe some places!

Love the signs.

Mumsy April 10, 2010 at 6:50 AM

Wonderful post! Sky is free to watch..and admire God's creation..

Joanne April 10, 2010 at 8:41 AM

I love those atmospheric skies. I guess signs are everywhere, if we know how to look for them!

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Judy, I loved the signs. They were cute, but God's "signs" are awesome and FREE!

Mumsy, I know you enjoy sky watching as much as I do. God is good!

Joanne, I never tire of watching the sky. You can snap two pictures seconds apart and get a different scene.

Thanks so much for visiting. Have a blessed day!

SquirrelQueen April 11, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Hi Judy, you have been tagged. If you want to play the instructions are at Through Squirrel Eyes

I wasn't sure about which blog to chose for you so I linked to this one in my post. If you want to play it could be on any of your blogs.

Hope you have had a great weekend,
Judy

Self Sagacity April 12, 2010 at 1:32 AM

cute last words in your post. yes, those are priceless aren't they Judy? The free smell and free dumb looks. I got plenty of those around my two year old. LOL

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 12, 2010 at 7:31 AM

SS, but from a two year old, especially you two year old, they are indeed precious.

Thanks for the visit and have a blessed day!

DoanLegacy April 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Wonderful post! You always seem to bring so much inspiring thoughts to your readers. It's a gift!

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM

DL, God gives enough to share. Thanks so much for your visit.

Take care & God bless!

Anne Lyken-Garner April 13, 2010 at 4:14 AM

Amen to that, Judy. We see the same sky even though we live thousands of miles away. I'm thankful for God's love every day.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 13, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Anne, thanks so much for your visit. It is an amazing sky and an even more amazing God!

Take care & God bless.

Ruthi April 16, 2010 at 8:19 AM

with the 2 photos... I still think that the best things in life is free... the beautiful sight of the sky... the fresh scent of the breeze... the amazing feel of the wind or warmth of the sun... these are all free and some people just don't appreciate that... and it's sad. love the photos.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 17, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Ruthi, and you are a breath of fresh air. You appreciate those wonderful gifts God has given!