Wordless Wednesday - The Creek

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

After I tell you that my good friend Bev told me that she used to swim in this creek as a child and it is now tucked behind the doctor's office I go to, I will remain wordless. Unless you comment - promise. :-)

Journaling Woman March 30, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Creeks are my favorite. As a child they were clean and safe -except for the snakes and crayfish - oh and rocks.

Lovely photos. Makes me want to wade.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 30, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Ohh, Theresa, I forgot about the snakes. We had a creek behind our house and my sister and I would love wading through it, the soft mud would mush between our toes...Once in awhile we would see a garden snake and run all the way home screaming.

Thanks for the visit and God bless.

CHAN LEE PENG March 31, 2010 at 6:17 AM

The creek was polluted and unsafe to swim definitely. Thanks for your pics to alert the public, sister!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 31, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Chan, no one swims in it any more. It is hidden behind the doctor's office and a a lot of brush and trees. It is also private property. She swam in it over 50 years ago. Times have changed.

Icy BC March 31, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Too bad no one has taken care of it or it would be a nice place to wade in, or just to sit by the water and relax.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 31, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Icy, we take God's wonders for granted, don't we? The brush and broken trees need to be cleared out, but looking into the water it is still nice and clear, and it is not deep. I could see the soft soil at the bottom. She doesn't have internet so I will have to share the photos with her. When I told her about the creek I discovered she shared her fond memories.

DoanLegacy April 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Love being near the water! This is so calming..

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 1, 2010 at 8:10 PM

DL, it had a long log laying there just perfect for sitting on (which I did). At the other end, it had a huge polished stone perfect for sitting on. I love the sound of it bubbling.

Thanks for the visit and God bless.

Ruthi April 2, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Our rivers and even creeks here in Maine are all on flood watch due to excessive rains... but still... they all look amazing. I just don't think that it's ideal for swimming. But I know as soon as the rivers settle down I will see some kids jumping from the bridge again.

I love your new layout and header.

Judy Sheldon-Walker April 2, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Ruthi, thanks so much for your visit. I love taking pictures of the water, and just gazing into it. It is relaxing. It looks very clear. I can see straight to the bottom, so it may be all right to wade in, but I've lost my childhood abandonment. :-)

SquirrelQueen April 3, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Your new headers are gorgeous Judy, great work.

I love creeks like this. When I was a child I would have spent hours in a place like this. The water looks so clear.