Weeds, Flowers or Herbs?

Friday, March 26, 2010

Today I got out of work at 1:00 because I have to work tomorrow until 1:00. I was just itching to use my camera. I got some nice pictures of Grand River (posted on Seeds4 thoughts) and spotted these dead flowers/weeds along the river bank. I hate to call anything a weed any more because it seems that what we have long considered weeds are actually herbs. I thought that even though these plants had weathered the winter, they are still pretty.

Journaling Woman March 27, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Your photos could not be more beautiful. There is nothing that could make them better. They are art!

Icy BC March 27, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Dead flowers are beautiful nevertheless, Judy! Have a good day at work today..

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Teresa and Icy, I love dried "flowers". They have a "forever" beauty. :-)

Teresa, I meant to tell you, I like your new avatar!

Thanks to both of you for your visit and have a blessed day!

Mumsy March 27, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Those are beautiful shots, and thanks for visiting!

Ruthi March 27, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Isn't it amazing that even death is beautiful. Come to think of it... there is indeed something beautiful in the most ugliest situation... we only have to look at it with a different perspective.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Mumsy, you have a lovely blog. I enjoy my visits and hope you enjoy visiting mine also.

Ruthi, this is so true. There is a lot to say for perspective.

Take care & God bless!

SquirrelQueen March 28, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Love these shots Judy, I love seeing the dried out seed pods and other examples of nature's winter "artwork". The middle photo looks a lot like teasel. I would love to know what the first on is.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Judy, me too. If you find out, please let me know.

Take care & God bless.