Raise Your Focus

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Raise your Focus

Are we married, are we not?
One moment love is
cold, one moment it is hot.
But of late the freeze is on
We wake in separate rooms
Never sharing dawn

He is always out of reach
And should I even try
I'm like a whale on the beach
Left both high and dry

If it were not for God
Loneliness would break my heart
When I feel down trod
God gives me a fresh new start

I go to him in prayer
His answers I have found
Are in the beauty of the sky
The flowers in the ground.

The love of just one man
Is not the mission I once thought
It is in God's pure love
We are no longer over wrought.
by Judy Sheldon-Walker

SquirrelQueen March 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Judy, your poem is sad in many, many ways but uplifting in the end. The photos are beautiful.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 15, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Judy, sometimes we learn best by bumping our heads. :-) God is truly a good God.

Thanks for the visit and God bless.

DoanLegacy March 15, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Judy, humm...I am sure many share the same situation in your poem. I prefer the Endless Love version of marraige, but so not true for many I know of. Love.

Eng March 15, 2010 at 6:00 AM

oh Judy, what a beautiful poem. i always believed that the most painful of moments can create something beautiful...your poem sings a haunting yet nonetheless a most beautiful tune.

i love the photos specially of the sunset.

eng

Icy BC March 15, 2010 at 6:42 AM

I can relate to the feelings of being disconnected with human, and the connection with God.

Beautiful poem and photos, Judy!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 15, 2010 at 7:32 AM

D L, Eng, Icy, while I loving relationship with another is something to be cherished it is not always something we have been given. It is more important to strive for a strong relationship with God. He will never leave or nor forsake us.

Have a blessed week!

Joanne March 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Lovely thoughts here of what we might find when searching for something else ...

ruthi March 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Life will always be a mystery. And not unless we learn to accept the fact there is someone who is almighty... we human beings will never cease to question reality.

Like spring... it may be predictable that the flowers will soon be blooming and the trees will soon be budding. But who knows... snowfalls may come down from heavens anytime to freeze out our hopes.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 15, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Joanne, when we seek out God's will life is beautiful.

Ruthi, you have that right. For everything there is a season, but the master of the seasons is not you or I. :-)

Thanks for visiting & God bless!