Guess who's coming to dinner?

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Who invited you to dinner?

Maybe a little push and you'll be on your way...

Well, I guess there's enough here to share.

My friend and co-worker, Anne, sent this to me. She knew it would end up on my blog, bless her heart.

The pictures were taken by a photography student, Casey Gutteridge at the Santago Rare Leopard Project in Hertfordshire. If I had been able to capture such photos it sure would have made my day or maybe even my "year". Great job, Casey!

A quote from Casey:
"I have no idea where the mouse came from - he just appeared in the enclosure after the keeper had dropped in the meat for the leopard.He didn't take any notice of the leopard, just went straight over to the meat and started feeding himself.

But the leopard was pretty surprised - she bent down and sniffed the mouse and flinched a bit like she was scared.

In the meantime the mouse just carried on eating like nothing had happened, but even a gentle shove does not deter the little creature from getting his fill. It was amazing, even the keeper who had thrown the meat into the enclosure was shocked. He'd never seen anything like it before."
Maybe we can learn something from one of God's littlest creatures in taking what God has so graciously offered us without being distracted by what appears to be those who oppose. God bless.

Self Sagacity March 19, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Wow!! He / She is beautiful. What a nice birthday suit!

CHAN LEE PENG March 19, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Sister, you made me like a leopard. I run, run, run and knock many hurdles on the way. Oh no, more hurdles are knocking down, you should stop me..haha..:-)

SquirrelQueen March 19, 2010 at 6:34 AM

That is absolutely amazing. You would think the hungry cat would have gobbled the mouse up. The leopard's reaction is very surprising.

Casey got some great photos.

DoanLegacy March 19, 2010 at 7:00 AM

That's really great to see such a majestic creature being so gentle to the little mouse..You're right, you'll never know!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 19, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Amanda, the leopard in beautiful and majestic and surprisingly gentle.

Chan, I love your humor.

Judy, this capture is a photographer's dream.

DoanLegacy, yes, we need to stop picking mental blockades.

God bless & thanks for the visits.

Joanne March 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Wow, that's one of the most beautiful blog posts I've seen. Nature has so very much to teach us :)

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 19, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I see I have a typo, my comment should read "is" beautiful not "in". My computer froze while I was submitting and I had to turn it off and go to work so I did not know until I came home.

I hope everyone is having a blessed day.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Joanne, I owe the beauty to God and the photographer who shared his photo capture. Thanks so much for your warm comment.

Take care & God bless.

Ruthi March 19, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Woooo! This is indeed awesome. Though I had to admit I can't go near one. I'm too scared even if they are just babies. thanks for sharing.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Ruthi, If the leopard represents a hurdle we need to overcome, each of us have a different fear. I wonder what the mouse fears?

Thanks so much for your visit and God bless!