Beautiful Bloggers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Ladies just for a moment imagine you are wearing a designer gown. You've just spent the day being pampered, you have been the recipient of a facial, manicure, pedicure and a new hairstyle. You deserve it AND now you feel gorgeous. As far as I am concerned, you always have (looked absolutely beautiful!), but now more importantly, you look at your reflection and have to do a double take as you ask yourself “Who is that fantastic looking creature?” It's YOU!

You are all beautiful bloggers!

Open the pages of these blogs and you have to agree the administrators are beautiful. A tree is judged by its fruit. Our pages and photos are our fruit. If they are beautiful, then so are we. We are created in God's image, so do we not reflect His love and give glory to Him in the words and images that we post​? Actors and actresses decked in all their finery for an award ceremony do not look anymore beautiful and radiant to our creator than we do.

I am so humbled and honored by the opportunity to share two awards with some of my fellow bloggers. Self Sagacity has awarded me with The Beautiful Blogger Award and Tugce of Broken Dreams has awarded me with the Lemonade Award. Now it is my honor to pass them on.

Tugce of Broken Dreams is quite an artist and shares quotes, insight and very unique art. Her blog has a delightful sense of humor and youthfulness that I find irresistible. If you are looking for a blog that is sincere, honest and refreshingly different, you will truly enjoy hers.

Amanda Doan of Self Sagacity has humbled me with the beauty of her blog. As I read her blog I am uplifted and filled with the warmth of her sunshine for the day. Winter tends to drag on with its cold gray days and the posts of my sister bloggers will certainly chase the cold away. Can you imagine, she thanked me for being her top commenter? I thank her for her sunshine in the way of inspiration and insight!

Teresa of Journaling Woman embodies much of what we all embody in that we are compelled to write. We have a passion for communication but also a passion for mankind. on her blog she shares her wit and inspiration. She has created a new blog, the ruralhood  and is sharing her childhood with us in a small rural town. It's nice to travel down the road of her youth as we browse through her family photographs shared with insight and love. The values that were instilled in her as a young child will warm your soul. It points out the true worth of love and family values as opposed to monetary wealth and leaves us realizing that we are truly rich in the ways that matter most.

I first met Chris of Enchanted Oak during a fund raiser. Chris made a pledge for the people of Haiti and offered contributions for all the posts published for this purpose. Of course I participated and out of curiosity had to visit Enchanted Oak. How could I not? What a delightful blog! It combines honesty, courage, beautiful photographs, gardening, wisdom, quotes, and poetry. I'm sure it contains more, this is just a synopsis. Thanks, Chris, for sharing with us. Isn't it wonderful how common goals bring us together?

Visit the wonderful group of talented bloggers at The Salitype Society, especially the post http://www.salitypesociety.com/. It is hard to leave this post dry eyed. The emotions are sincere and heartfelt.

The mosaics are to die for at The Blessing Reflections. Here you will find insight, wisdom, and the beautifully creative work with photographs. I wish I could figure out how to turn my pictures into works of art like Amanda and Icy do.

While I am at it I have to give honorable mention to Icy BC Doan. You can see her hand throughout many blogs. Her talent shines every where and I owe her my undying gratitude for all the things she has taught me. I have adopted her as my sister. Because I do not believe there is an award she has not received (and she deserves everyone she gets) I have bypassed adding her to the list. She has been my mentor, but do not hold her responsible for my errors. :-) While I have not nominated her, I cannot fore-go honoring her.

Have you visited the Squirrel Queen? If you have you know her posts are clever and the photography is amazing. I still do not know how she gets the squirrels to pose for her, but I enjoy the magic.

I have missed Cher lately and hope that all is well with her. Her blog boasts photographs that belong in a glossy magazine. Please take a peek and let me know what you think at Cher Sanz Photography.

Ruthi's Breathing Space speaks to my heart as I think of how often I have turned to writing to clear my mind and open my heart. If you have ever had something lay on your heart and wanted to leave it some place to come back and examine later, you know how helpful writing can be. Her words are sincere and heartfelt. I am touched as I read her words. I glimpse a beautiful soul within her pages.

I also was rewarded with a budding young poet's visit the other day. Marinela Reka has her own book out and has established her own blog where you can read excerpts from it. It is thrilling to witness young talent wrapped up with such ambition, passion, love, and drive. I relate to Marinela in that I have written poetry since I could first string a sentence together and have loved writing poetry. I quote her:

Hey I am Marinela Reka, I was born 23.04.1996. I started writing at a very young age (6).  I have written every poem with all my passion and all my heart.
Please copy your award from my side bar. You are welcome to one or both. I wish I had more to offer. You have truly made the world a better place. God bless!

Well I guess I have to go to the second step of accepting my award. I am supposed to make 7 confessions.

1. As a child we raised chickens. They actually ate from our hands and were named. I find it difficult to eat chicken.
  2. I am a bargain junkie. Not that I will buy things that hold no earthly purpose but if I can think of a reason to salvage something, I will.
  3. I am a hoarder; not like the ones you see on television, but there are many things my children have begged me to throw away. I still have some blouses I bought over 20 years ago, while living in New York. They are in good condition and I do wear them.
  4. I hate to argue. Most the time I will walk away from an argument. I do not like confrontations unless they are necessary.
  5. I should have listed this first, (but did not feel this was a secret) :-) I hate to start my week without going to church. I really need to attend to stay on an even keel.
  6. I love wood working. I have a router and stand that I have not yet assembled. My father was going to put it together for me before he passed. It has been hiding in a corner for years now.
  7. I would like to one day put together some of my poetry in a book and have it published. I had a song published when I was in the fifth grade.
I am looking forward to learning more about you. Take care and God bless. You mean the world to me.

SquirrelQueen March 6, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Judy, congratulations on your awards and thank you for sharing with me.

You are one of the most sincere bloggers I have met, when you write it comes from your heart. Your poetry and photos are always a joy and filled with inspiration. I may get behind with my comments at times but I always look forward to reading your posts.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Judy

Self Sagacity March 6, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Hi Judy, very nice post you wrote. It's great to have friends!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 6, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Judy, I get behind also and am not offended. I love when you catch up and all the sudden I have a flurry of activity on my blog. You definitely deserve to be awarded as did everyone. In fact I know I have forgotten someone and it will awaken me in the middle of the night. I have to work tomorrow so need to sleep. lol

Self Sagacity, friends deserve friends. Take care & God bless.

Anne Lyken-Garner March 6, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Congrats on winning your award, Judy. You've passed them on to some very beautiful bloggers.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 6, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Anne, and you are right up there at the top in fact you are one of the first to give me a hand. I did not throw you into the list because I know you are incredibly busy and this award thing is very time consuming.

Happy blogging and publishing!

Joanne March 6, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Congrats on your Awards, always a fun post! It's always fun to learn about fellow bloggers this way. I'm a bargain junkie too. Last night, I went shopping with my daughters, and we did pretty well on the clearance racks ;)

Icy BC March 6, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Judy, you're too kind..Love you!!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 6, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Icy, I love you too! I could not ask for a better sister. God bless!

Joanne, I love clearance racks. When my children used to shop with me they knew right where to find me. lol
Thanks so much for your visit. Your blog is also helpful and insightful, full of wonderful writing tips.

Take care & god bless!

Ruthi March 6, 2010 at 7:45 PM

OH Judy... I am so touched for this award. I didn't see this coming. Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review of my blog. Ruthi's BreathingSpace is my very first blog. It is my first born baby. And indeed it is my breathing Space when things are not going well and I wanted to shout or give up... blogging saved me from snapping and losing it.

Again, thanks and I will surely do this when I get the time. Take care.

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 6, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Ruthi, you are so welcome. You never know how many people you may have touched who are experiencing very similar feelings. We all want to shout at times or crawl into our beds and not come out but then when we encounter beautiful people like you we are grateful that God allowed us the moment. Your blog opens a window not only for you but for others. Keep letting the fresh air in. Know that God has so much in store for us. God bless and take care.

Enchanted Oak March 7, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Thank you for the phenomenal things you said about Enchanted Oak. I've loved exploring this medium since I started last fall. It's a great fit for me, being able to muse, use my photography, share poems, and ponder life as I have lived it. It is clear on your blog that you care about the same sort of expression, and that is a wonderful connection!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 7, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Enchanted Oak, you deserve every bit of praise that you receive. You have an awesome blog.

Take care & God bless!

DoanLegacy March 8, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Thank you for the shout! You're a truly a beautiful blogger..

Journaling Woman March 8, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Wow, Judy, that's what I get for not getting around to the blogs like I should. Thanks so much for the awards.

Yes, The Ruralhood is new. You are a good detective to find it!!! :) Not too many know about it yet.

Again thank you. I love your blogs!!!!!

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 8, 2010 at 8:17 PM

DoanLegacy and Teresa, your accolades are well deserved! Take care & God bless!

marinela March 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Hello Judy,
I am reaaly honoured about the awared you have gave me and i am so greatful for all of your support and interest! I think your blog are very intersting and i really enjoy reading from it and i take in alot of your infornmation! :D
Thank you once again.
Marinela x

Judy Sheldon-Walker March 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Marinela, I admire and respect your talent and your drive. You truly deserve the award. Keep doing what you are doing.

God bless and take care!

Anonymous June 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I would something like to express thanks to you just for
bailing me out of this type of matter. Because a result of researching through the
world wide web and coming across ideas which
have been not helpful, I assumed my entire life was done.
Being alive minus that the approaches to that the difficulties you have fixed as a result
of your excellent blog post is really a critical case, because
well as that the kind which could have in a negative method affected my entire career if I had not
come across your web blog. Your actual ability and kindness in playing with the whole thing
was very helpful. I am not sure what I would have
done if I had not discovered such a thing just like this.
It can be viable to at this moment look forward to my future.

Thank you vastly for this high quality and result
oriented help. I will not hesitate to propose your
blog to anybody who will need assistance on this matter.
Also see my site - reverse phone number