The Zoo Built by Love

Thursday, December 10, 2009

This story touched my heart so much that I wrote not one, but two articles about the couple who created a sanctuary for animals.

I've followed them and they have followed me. If ever I get a chance I will visit this wonderful animal reserve that is filled with love. Love has healed so many boo boos there, beginning with their co-founder, Suzie, that the animal refuge has been nick named the Boo Boo Zoo. I received the following email from my pals at the East Maui Animal Refuge:

?ui=2&view=att&th=125761b27ed95035&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=ii_125761b27ed95035&zw HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! ?ui=2&view=att&th=125761b52307d7e8&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=ii_125761b52307d7e8&zw
From all of us at the Boo Boo Zoo!

A few announcements...

Our Volunteers will be at Borders (Maui Marketplace) on December 17th from 9am-4pm gift wrapping presents!
So come on in, get your presents wrapped and see us!!!

Have a delicious dinner on January 5th at the Flatbread Company Restaurant in Paia Town
and they will donate a portion of the proceeds to the Boo Boo Zoo!!!

Eat at Max Pizza in the Haiku Town Center (across from the Haiku Cannery)
on February 4th from 5-9:30 and they will be donating a portion of the proceeds to EMAR!!!

?ui=2&view=att&th=125761b52307d7e8&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=ii_125761b52307d7e8&zw Thank you all so much for your love & support! ?ui=2&view=att&th=125761b9a194af0f&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=ii_125761b9a194af0f&zw

If you, like me, can't afford to visit Hawaii right now, visit the Boo Boo Zoo here. A little dose of love will do you good!

maricar December 11, 2009 at 3:41 AM

thanks for dropping by in Salitype Judy! ;) have a nice weekend!

just me,

Maricar! *winks*

Judy Sheldon-Walker December 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM

You too! I wish I had it off. :-)

SquirrelQueen December 12, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Oh Judy, that is an incredible story. What she has overcome and all the good work they do to rescue and heal those beautiful animals. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.
Have a great weekend,
Judy

Judy Sheldon-Walker December 12, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Judy, I love sharing beautiful stories. We can depend on the media to bring us the ugliness and sadness in the world so it is up to us to take notice of the beauty.

Thanks so much for visiting. Take care & God bless.

Journaling Woman December 13, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Awesome, Judy. What a great story and report.

Icy BC December 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM

These were beautiful stories! I remembered reading from you on Triond!

Judy Sheldon-Walker December 13, 2009 at 10:46 PM

JW and Icy, this blog is sneaky. The comments are not given to me in my email to approve so they sneak up on me. Thanks so much for your visits. I'm sorry I didn't thank you earlier.

Take care & God bless.