S.T. the Seven Toed Cat

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

There was a tree that was hollowed out on my friend Jeanne's farm. In the tree a cat took shelter and kept her family. Sadly a badger came to visit the farm and soon the ducks and some of the kittens were missing so Jeanne and I scrambled to try and round up what was left of the wild cat and her offspring. Jeanne kept the one pictured here and named him S.T. because at first look she thought he had six toes. A trip to the vets uncovered a seventh toe hiding on each of his front paws. Look at the size of these paws!

He hung around for about half an hour posing for me to take photos. He loved the attention as I watched Jeanne play with him with a fishing line and toy mouse. I have quite a collection of his pictures, but only posted three. I wanted to share his paws with Cherie of Uncovering a Culture because she was curious about his paws when I mentioned him in a older post. Don't worry, he's declawed.

Take care and God bless.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz October 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM

7 toes? That's amazing. you know Judy, sometimes, I always think why God created some animals and people abnormally. Do you know the answer?

Judy Sheldon-Walker October 14, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Willie, I think God took time to create each of us to be unique. He knew if we were perfect we would not seek Him out and life would be empty. He rounds us all out perfectly.

This cat is amazing and beautiful. Look at his healthy glow. He knows how to turn the bathroom water on and off and uses the facility. He is quite remarkable.

Take care. Thanks for the visit & God bless!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz October 14, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Judy > A good point there.

Cherie October 15, 2009 at 3:36 AM

oh, sweetie, ST is precious! the name is still fitting as, what now, he has seven???

i have three feral cat pictures that are begging to be posted. if i still can't open THE other dashboard, i'll have to find a way to post on cats on the OTHER one. thanks, juds...pet 'im for me, please...

Judy Sheldon-Walker October 15, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Cherie, thanks for visiting. I am dying to see your cats. They are a lot of company and entertainment.

Take care & have a blessed day!

Icy BC October 15, 2009 at 9:18 AM

All the power to ST! Who can define what is normal or abnormal? He looks quite healthy and happy, Judy!

Judy Sheldon-Walker October 15, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Icy, he is quite happy and healthy.